This page aims to be a collection of my Eurofly mods and enhancements. These may include sounds, aircraft and other updates.
For lack of a better name, I’m calling my first mod Eurofly Enhanced. This mod changes several things I didn’t like about the default.
- Changed the entirety of the main menu to include better strings and, in my opinion, a better voice.
- Changed task state sounds.
- Changed new aircraft instrument names to reflect real world aviation terms. E.G. Storm Radar = Weather Radar.
- The entire aircraft speech structure has been modified to include a variety of voices instead of one very annoying one.
- Changed global aircraft sounds.
New! Version 1.4
- Removed cloud audio announcements. They’re not necessary.
- Fixed the environmental control speech.
- added new global belt sounds.
- Added new global door sounds.
- Removed the sound when changing course and altitude as, once again, it’s not necessary.
- added new global gear and flaps sounds.
- No longer using extracting executables. Those of us playing Eurofly on macOS using Wine are unable to use them effectively. I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may cause some.
New! Version 2
- Added specific flaps and gear sounds for all modded aircraft.
- Killed the Airbus Beluga stop sound as the default is highly unrealistic, as you can’t hear brakes from the cockpit.
- Fixed bug with the aircraft’s extractor; simply extracting to c:\eurofly should now work. (Deprecated, aircrafts zip file coming soon.).
Thanks to a member of our community Declan, or Blind Flightsimmer, I present you with a ton of aircraft to add to your Eurofly game. I’ll only list a few:
- The Beach Barren 58 prop
- The ATR 72
- Beechcraft King Air
- Beechcraft 36 Bonanza
- Bombardier dash 8 q400
- The Airbus family of aircraft, including replacements for the defaults.
- The entire Boeing family including 707, 717, 727, 737, 747, up to 787 Dreamliner.
- Supersonic jet Concorde!
Those are just a few of the aircrafts in this package. The aircrafts labeled with “mod” is an alternative to the much inferior defaults. Aircrafts not prefixed with mod include new aircraft that do not come with the stock Eurofly package.
A note about tasks and this package:
When you start a task or mission in the game, it’s important to note that if you would like to switch aircrafts for the mission to one in this package, you must be in the parking position with engines shut down in order for Control A to bring up the aircraft list. Be sure to select the correct category of aircraft for the task!
It has come to our attention that you can, in fact, fly any of these mods in training, even if the task doesn’t call for it. Don’t want to fly that Airspeed Ambassador cross country? no problem, take a 747 and complete the task the sensible way!